History of the castle
As of the Life century,
the site of Blandy-the-Turns is occupied, as the vestiges of the
necropolis mérovingienne prove it, as well as equipment in
"fish-bones" of the church Saint- Maurice.
existence of a first residence seigneuriale is certain only at the
beginning of XIIIe century, in 1216, the Viscount of Melun, Adam
It of Chailly, evokes in its will the ground of Blandy. It is about
a simple manor with irregular enclosure, inside which a vault castrale
is, only stone building. During this century, significant work of
fortification are begun, in particular the construction of three
turns of enclosure which come to be added to turn-carries. A large
residential building is built inside.
XIVe century is marked by a significant development of defenses
of the castle. A ditch is dug. New turn-carries, with drawbridge
with arrows, is bored in the enclosing wall. In second half of the
century, Blandy, thanks to three mandements royal of Charles V (1364-1380)
and Charles VI (1380-1422), becomes a model of strong castle. The
high keep of approximately 39 meters, defended by two drawbridges,
is built. The enclosure is modified by the addition of news new
towers and courtines.
XVe and XVIle centuries, the strong castle loses its military functions
and becomes a residential castle. The civil buildings multiply.
Blandy is regularly inhabited, but its maintenance is neglected.
In 1707, the marshal of Villars, owner of Be worth-the-Viscount,
buys the ground and the castle of Blandy. He decides to dismantle
it and transforms it into farm. The roofs are withdrawn from the
turns, the destroyed parapets, the large one turn-carries broken.
Little by little, the strong castle disappears.
In 1888, Pierre-Charles Tuot, mayor of Blandy, repurchase it and
makes gift with the municipality of it. This ruined enclosure and
vacuum of any building become historic building in 1889.
From the years 1970, associations the voluntary ones begin the first
work of safeguard of the castle. Thanks to the operations of restoration
undertaken by the General Council of Seine-et-Marne, which went
purchaser in 1992 from there, the strong castle of Blandy-the-Turns
reappears. A program of installation is in hand.